Your vagina is pretty good at keeping itself clean and protected, but did you know that it also needs food to stay healthy? When we talk about a healthy and happy vagina, we're talking about maintaining its pH balance and avoiding dryness. Not only will eating the right foods keep your vaginal pH in check, but it will also protect you from nasty vaginal infections.
Here is a list of snacks and beverages that you can include in your diet to make your lady part happy and healthy:
- Cranberries- Cranberries are a woman's best friend when it comes to vaginal health. Cranberries contain acid compounds and antioxidants that can aid in the prevention and treatment of urinary tract infections. Because cranberries are acidic, they can help you maintain a healthy pH balance and keep your vagina healthy.
Tip: Sugar-free cranberry juice should be chosen because consuming too much sugar-laden juice can exacerbate the situation.
2. Sweet potatoes- Sweet potatoes are also a favourite food of your vagina. Sweet potatoes contain vitamin A and beta carotene, which not only strengthen and protect your uterine walls, but also improve fertility and reproduction. Furthermore, the vitamin A in sweet potatoes can aid in the regulation of sex hormones.
3. Water Keeping hydrated is the answer to almost every problem. Dehydration is not only bad for your overall health, but it is also bad for your vagina. Water can be extremely beneficial in keeping dryness away from your vagina. Furthermore, dehydration can cause your pH levels to fluctuate, which we know you don't want.
4. Yogurt- The lactobacillus bacteria found in yoghurt is a beneficial bacteria that can aid in the balance of your vaginal fluids. This bacteria is already present in your gut and vagina and can easily assist you in fighting infections. Furthermore, yoghurt can protect your lady part from that unpleasant odour.
5. Green Tea- Green tea is already well-known for its ability to keep your body healthy, but did you know it can also make your vagina happy? Green tea's antioxidants can help prevent UTIs and balance the pH levels in your vagina. And how could we forget? Green tea can also help to reduce PMS symptoms.
If you include these drinks and snacks in your diet, your vaginal health will most likely benefit. So go ahead and get these foods and drinks from your kitchen as soon as possible.
Dashamnoor is the curator of both the concept and the blog.