Have you ever wondered if you could orgasm during your period? Or is this something that you can do only when you’re not menstruating?
Before we delve into these question,
What Is An Orgasm?
An orgasm often referred to as a climax is the height of sexual pleasure which happens due to sexual stimulation. An orgasm results in the release of the happy hormone- endorphin. This explains why you feel so good after an orgasm and not just during. Various people orgasm through various ways. Be it through intercourse, masturbation or through visual stimulation, there is no right or wrong way to go about this. Find the perfect way to get your release. And, if you don’t know what suits you best, practise, practise and practise some more. There’s no way you’ll get bored ;)
When Can I Orgasm?
As long as you’re in a safe and protected environment, you can orgasm whenever you want to! And yes, this includes when you’re menstruating. In fact, orgasming on your period can have multiple benefits such as:
1. Cramp Relief- Orgasming improves the blood flow to your uterus thereby reducing cramps and bringing in some relief.
2. Lowers Stress- Orgasms involve a lot of hormone play. Simply put, the hormones released when you orgasm improve your mood and stress by lowering the stress hormone.
3. Improves Sleep- It’s the hormones at work again, orgasms have been linked to improving the quality of sleep.
Experiencing all these benefits while making you feel good at the same time? Well, that sounds like an absolute win-win situation to us. So, not only do you get to enjoy the physical and mental perks, but you also get to revel in the sheer pleasure of it all.
Are Orgasms Better On Your Period?
As if they weren’t great already, orgasms only get better on your cycle! Improved blood circulation in your vagina results in heightened sensitivity. This makes all sexual activity much more fun and enjoyable during your period. Didn’t know the best could get even better? Well, now you do!
Tips For A Great Orgasm On Your Period
While they are great as it is, here are a couple of tips to level up your orgasm game:
1. Sanitise- If you’re looking to spice things up, make sure you’re sanitising your toys before and after use.
2. Towels- Lay down towels or a spare sheet in case things get messy.
3. Lube- One of the benefits of periods is that your blood acts as a natural lubricant during sexual activity. This doesn’t mean you cannot use any additional lube. Keep some on hand for when things start to get a little drier down there!
4. Bathroom Breaks- Take your steamy sessions into your bathroom, not only does this put you in a new environment, but you also have no worries about cleanup.
Make your O-Game the best it has ever been by including a few of these tips and tricks.
Menstruating does not mean you can’t have fun. Use this time to explore yourself and get more connected with your body. What’s the best part about this? Not only is the journey to the Big-O pleasurable, you’ll have so much fun once you get there!
For more information, head over to the Pee Safe website.