Period Self-Care List:
- Good Food
- Heating Bag
- Comfortable Sanitary Products
Ever felt like engaging in a session of self-love while you’re on your period? Well, you’re not alone. Periods can leave you itching for some sweet release.
You know exactly what we mean, don’t you?
But, is it okay to engage in masturbation while you’re bleeding?
Delve right in to know more!
What Is Masturbation?
Masturbation is the act of stimulating your genitals for the purpose of sexual pleasure. Masturbation can be practiced by using your own fingers or hands. Many spice things up by using sex toys for added pleasure. Masturbation is a completely healthy and normal activity. Other than making you feel like you’re on cloud nine, masturbation has a list of added benefits which include:
- Improved sleep
- Improved mood
- Improved self-confidence and there’s a lot more to that list!
Seems like masturbation is a huge green flag, isn’t it?
Trust us, it’s waayyy better felt than read ;)
Can I Masturbate While I’m On My Periods?
If you’re wondering if it’s safe to take this one man show on the road, you absolutely can! Masturbating while you’re on your period is not only fun and pleasurable, but it can also help reduce your period cramps. It is also linked with lowering cortisol levels in your body which reduces stress and improves your mood.
Ride the wave of period pleasure by masturbating on your cycle. What’s even better? Masturbation leads to increased blood flow in your genitals improving sensitivity in your vagina. This can raise your sex drive and can improve sexual intercourse.
What Are The Benefits Of Masturbating On Your Period?
Did you think that pleasure was the only plus point of masturbation? Absolutely not! Masturbation boasts a ton of benefits including:
Seems like a total win doesn’t it? Masturbation is a great way to not only have some fun but also benefit from the numerous advantages it has.
How To Masturbate On Your Period?
While you can do what floats your boat, here are a few tips and tricks which can improve your solo mission:
1. Towel- If you’re masturbating on your bed, lay a towel down for easy clean up and a stain free session.
2. Shower Session- Masturbating in the shower not only makes things fun, it also means no extra clean-up!
3. Remove Your Sanitary Products- If you wish to masturbate by stimulating your vagina, ensure that you’re removing your tampon, cup or menstrual disc.
4. Toy Play- Take things up a notch by using toys, make sure you clean these properly before and after use.
5. Lube It Up- While your blood should serve as a natural lubricant, you can always use lube to make sure things aren’t slowing down.
Don't be afraid to engage in some self-love while you’re bleeding. This can possibly be one of the best decisions you make. Masturbation can leave you feeling happy, content and empowered. Next time you’re menstruating make sure you’re taking some time out to yourself. What’s the worst that can happen? Absolutely nothing!
For more insights, head on over to the Pee Safe website.
This blog is written by Sara Abraham