Even though Reusable Sanitary Pads is a fairly new term, the concept of reusing fabric for this purpose has been around for ages. People have been making reusable pads in various makeshift ways for centuries.
Reusable sanitary pads have been gaining popularity lately, and for good reason. They are an eco-friendly and cost-effective alternative to disposable pads.
The story of reusable period pads started somewhere in the 1800’s when nurses started to fashion them out of wood pulp fibre. Up until then, old cloth and rags were what was in rotation amongst women. When women started going out for work in majority, was when they came up with the disposable options.
Disposable sanitary products take upto 500 years to decompose and that’s almost 6-7 lifespans of a human!
And now when the environmental impact of the disposable sanitary products has become very significant, people have started going back to reusable sanitary pads, environmentally friendly products.
What are Reusable Sanitary Pads?
Reusable sanitary pads are made up from layers of fabric. It can be cleaned and reused multiple times. It is a sustainable and eco-friendly alternative to disposable pads which are made up from plastic, pulp and adhesives and take centuries to decompose.
The concept of reusable period pads is pretty similar to the disposable pads. It’s just that you don’t throw them away, you clean them to reuse them.
Now we know that initially the whole cleaning part might feel a little uncomfortable and you might feel the urge to go back to more comfortable and disposable options, but hey! The discomfort that you might feel for a little while helps you save the environment. Put in a little effort, push through the discomfort and what do you know? It might just be your cup of tea!
How to use Reusable Sanitary pads?
Using reusable sanitary pads is quite simple, you can follow below mentioned steps.
- Wash the pad before using it for the first time in order to ensure cleanliness.
- To use, place the pad on your underwear with the absorbent side facing up.
- Fasten the wings of the pad around the crotch of your underwear using the snap buttons.
- Change the pad every 4-6 hours or more frequently if needed, depending upon your flow.
- To remove the pad, snap the buttons on the wings and fold the pad outside in.
- Store it in a separate bag until you can wash it.
How to wash your Reusable Sanitary Pads?
Washing your period pads well is important to avoid the risk of infection and to use these pads hygienically.
- To wash the pad, rinse it with cold water to remove the blood from the fabric
- Wash it with warm water and mild detergent
- Avoid using fabric softeners or bleach as they can damage the pad
- Hang the pad to dry or tumble dry on low heat
- Once it’s dry, it’s ready to use again
Remember to always wash your hands before and after handling reusable sanitary pads in order to maintain good hygiene.
Reusable Sanitary Pads Have Tons of Benefits
The range of benefits that Reusable Period Pads offer is what has made them popular among menstruators.
- Cost-effective: Reusable pads can be reused for years, which makes them a more economical option in the long run.
- Eco-friendly: Disposable pads contribute to the 20 billion sanitary pads that end up in landfills each year. By using reusable pads, you can reduce your carbon footprint and contribute to a cleaner environment.
- Health benefits: Reusable pads are made from natural materials, which reduce the risk of skin irritation and infection.
- Comfort: Reusable pads are more comfortable to wear than disposable pads because they are made from soft and breathable materials.
These pads are good for you, while being good for the planet making them a great choice for menstruators.
Why should you make Pee Safe Reusable Sanitary Pads a Part of Your Period Care?
Pee Safe brings you the most feasible option!
PeeSafe Reusable Sanitary Pads are available in packs of 4 where we have 3 morning pads of 280mm each and 1 night pad of 330mm.
Each pad has a special antibacterial top layer in order to prevent any bacterial growth.
The Reusable period Pads have a breathable fabric which ensures a comfortable period with a high absorption capacity to save you and your beautiful clothes from staining during your periods.
The pad has multiple layers in order to give you the most comfortable period experience. It has an antibacterial super absorbent layer to absorb the blood quickly and an anti-drip layer so that the blood doesn’t leak on your clothes. It also has a printed and leak proof back sheet which prevents stains.
And that’s not it! We also have buttons on the wings in order to make them stay in place.
And what’s more? Each pad will last you for 60 washes.
In conclusion, reusable sanitary pads are an excellent option for those looking for a sustainable and cost-effective way to manage their menstrual flow. With customizable absorbency, comfort, and eco-friendliness, they offer a great alternative to disposable pads. So, consider making the switch to reusable pads and join the movement towards a more sustainable future.