Getting your period for the first time is a big sign that your body is growing up, and doubts are normal. You don’t have to be scared of it. There are a lot of different products which can be used during the menstrual cycle. One of which is sanitary pads. Other products are also available in the market, that are menstrual cups, menstrual discs, and tampons. It might take some experimenting to find what's right for you.
Let’s take up Sanitary Pads.
Before knowing how to use sanitary pads, all you need to know about sanitary pads & what sanitary pads are.
Sanitary pads also known as menstrual pads or sanitary napkins, are absorbent materials worn by menstruators to manage the menstrual flow. They are designed to be worn on the inside of the underwear and absorb the menstrual fluid during periods. Sanitary pads consist of a soft, absorbent core made up of materials such as organic cotton, and bamboo pulp.
Benefits of Sanitary Pads
Sanitary pads have plenty of benefits to their name, some of them being:
- It provides effective absorption.
- Helps to manage the menstrual flow and prevents leakage when changed regularly.
- They offer a convenient and comfortable solution available to suit individual needs.
- It is easy to use and dispose off.
How to use Sanitary Pads?
Sanitary Pads are pretty easy to use. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use them:
- Choose the right pad: At first, you should select a sanitary pad that suits your flow and preferences. Consider the factors like size, thickness, etc.
- Clean your hands: Before using the pad, we should always keep in mind to wash our hands thoroughly with soap and water in order to maintain hygiene.
- Take out the pad from the packaging: Unwrap the individual pad from its packaging, and keep in mind to handle it gently and not to tear or damage the pads.
- Position the pad in your underwear: Peel off the adhesive backing and place the pad on the underwear. Make sure that the adhesive side should be facing down, and gently stick it to the center of your underwear and press it.
- Secure the wings: Fold the wings over the sides of your underwear to secure the pad in place. This will help with preventing leakages.
- Adjust for comfort: Ensure that the pad is fixed on the center and sits comfortably with your body.
- Regularly change the pad: Make sure to change your sanitary pad, as it is important to change it after every 4 to 6 hours, or more frequently if needed, to maintain hygiene and to prevent leakage.
- Disposal of used pads: When it's time to change the pad, fold it up and wrap it in toilet paper or a special disposal wrapper, if available. Properly dispose off the used pad in a trash bin. Do not flush the pad down the toilet, it can cause clogging issues.
- Wash your hands again: After removing and disposing the used pad, make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water to maintain better hygiene.
Sanitary pads provide a reliable solution for managing menstrual flow by absorbing thoroughly and at the same time providing comfort and ease of usage. Following the steps discussed above, individuals can confidently use sanitary pads to maintain proper hygiene and peace of mind during their periods. To know more, checkout the Pee safe website.
This blog is written by Nisha Prakash