Maintaining proper intimate hygiene is as important as keeping all the areas of your body clean. The most popular misconceptions regarding cleaning intimate areas are-
- It is not exposed like our face or hands, hence it’s bound to be clean
- Using a regular soap is the answer to cleaning your genitals
- Only water is enough
- Cleanup post-coitus takes the fun away
- Men don’t have to clean themselves up
Here’s a fact- improper intimate hygiene can be a catalyst in catching mild to severe infections of the genitila. Yes, the area is not directly exposed to dirt and grime but is constantly covered which leads to moisture buildup that can play the most “welcoming host” to unwanted bacteria. Once the bacteria start thriving, it leads to various kinds of infections in both men and women.
Intimate washes are one such tool that helps take care of these unwanted situations and are so easy to use. Simply lather them on your genitals during the shower time, wash them off, pat dry and you’re good to go. Make sure you do not insert the gel/ foam vaginally as it is meant to be used around the vulva area only.
For men, apply the intimate wash on the groin area and if uncircumcised, pull back the foreskin and clean the area properly. But the bigger question is, how to choose the right Intimate wash.
4 Tips For Choosing The Right Intimate Wash For Men or Women
If you’re using right intimate wash for women & men then there are plethora of options available out there, here are some basics thumb rules on how to pick the right one-
- Should be Chemical free- that’s a no-brainer! Using a product on your genitals that contains chemicals, will only irritate the sensitive area and may cause rashes or extreme itching. Make sure to read the label carefully before buying. It should not contain phthalates, SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate), or parabens. A clean label with natural ingredients is what you should be looking for.
To summarize, personal hygiene is not complete until intimate hygiene is also taken care of. After all, no one wants to get stuck with itchy privates and be embarrassed about it. Invest in the right Intimate wash and see the difference.
This article is written by Divya Sethi