- Heat rash
- Hot flashes
- Sweaty hair
- Itching in the genitals
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
- Pain or burning sensation during urination
- Cloudy urine with a pungent/ unpleasant odor
- Discharge from vagina and bloating
- Dizziness/ Nausea/ Vomiting
- Increased frequency of urination
- Urgency in urination
- Change in color of urine
- Mild fever
- Mild to moderate pain in
1. Lower abdomen
3. Lower back
If you witness any of these symptoms and signs please consult a doctor immediately. Urinary Tract Infections are also of different types. So get a proper examination and diagnosis done by your doctor and then appropriate medication/treatment for it. Preventive Care for Urinary Tract Infections
- Take care of personal hygiene to get faster relief from infection.
- Prolonged use of tight-fitting pair of jeans or shorts should be avoided.
- Make use of cotton inner wears rather than non-absorbent synthetic materials.
- Subsequent to every washroom visit, a woman should wipe from front to back up from vagina to anus, properly so that the bacteria from the anus do not infect the urinary tract.
- Keep your vulvar area clean and do NOT leave it wet.
- Use of any perfumes or perfumed soaps/washes near the genital area should be discouraged as they may destroy the healthy useful bacteria present there.
- Women should make it a practice to urinate before & after sexual activity with the intention that the genital and anal areas should be kept clean & dry.
- Spicy and oily foods are better should not be consumed very frequently
- Include more fruits & vegetables to add on water content & stay hydrated
- Eat light & nutritionally right diet at frequent interval
- Always carry a water bottle during outdoors to prevent dehydration